Saturday 31 August 2013

Felt Tip Liner

Hey guys,

I've recently been getting into the felt tip eye liner pen things, my friends been using them for a while and I've been meaning to try them. I've always used liquid eyeliner and in the last year started using gel liner for the more dramatic look. Although I've noticed a lot more felt tip pens advertised on TV and thought i'd give it a try because I've always found liquid eye liner too much fuss for a quick everyday look. So onto the products, I went for fairly cheap ones to start. The first I bought was 'Rimmels Scandal Eyes thick and thin eyeliner' this was from Boots and cost me £5.49 and the second was 'Collection Extreme 24 hour felt tip liner' again from Boots and cost me £2.99.
Sorry about the not so great pictures

Rimmel
So the first one I bought was from Rimmel and the reason I went for this is because Rimmel is a personal fav brand when it comes to make-up. The idea of it is that it has a all in one thick and thin applicator with the edge like an angled brush. I though this was a nice idea as I thought I would be able to get right to the lash line for definition or a defined line. It was great for about 3 days..before it dried up. I stored it upside down to try and prevent it from drying but nope no good, maybe it was me maybe the product, but now instead of a nice flowing black line I have a dried felt tip which you really have to work at (as you can see in the picture below). Not such a great liner for what I want but maybe ill get some use when I want to touch up on the go or create a smudgy look. Sorry Rimmel but this didn't cut the mustard for me.
Collection
After Rimmel didn't work out I thought I'd give Collection 2000 a try. I've never really rated Collection until I heard other bloggers talk about it and thought what have I got to loose..other than a couple of quid anyways. Well boy let me tell you I was definitely wrong not to rate it! This liner is great you can create a nice delicate line or a dramatic bold line, it dries super quick and hasn't dried out on me yet (and I've had it for about a month). At £2.99 you really can't go wrong. It says it's a 24 hour liner, but lets be honest who wears eye liner for that long? Saying that it's lasted me a good 10 hours, and I've napped. I feel a love for Collection 2000 blooming.

I really want to try the 'Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen', 'L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Blackbuster Intense' Has anyone tried these? Or even the Rimmel and Collection ones? Let me know in the comment. 

Hope you guys enjoyed this post, leave me a comment, follow me and whatnot I'd love to hear from you!
I'm also on Twitter and Instagram (@jenfarny) if you wanna chat.

Byeee. :)



No comments :

Post a Comment