Thursday 5 December 2013

Review Thursday: Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks.

Hey Guys,

This week I bring you a review of Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipsticks. I bought the red one back in summer then the pink one joined me just before my graduation a couple of weeks ago. I really really love these lipsticks and don't actually have a bad word to say about them so if you want a happy nice review then your in the right place.


I really like the square packaging, although it's just plastic they look really nice and sleek. I love that they have some of the colour in the bottom so you can identify them really easily. On the packaging on one side they have all the standard cosmetic details, a blank side, the Rouge Edition writing like you can see above and then finally a embossed Bourjois side which I really like.


They kind of smell like waxy crayons but not strong, so to me it just smells like lipstick. The colour of the stick transferred to lips is very true and the colours are good in pigmentation. The formula is very creamy and glides onto the lips but doesn't smudge so theres no need for lipliner. The colour is slightly glossy but not so like lipgloss so a pleasant shine which lasts for ages and ages. What I've found really great about these is that they're very handbag friendly, the lids don't fall off and they don't melt in heat like some creamy lipsticks can.

Let me go into a little detail about the separate colours. I'm sorry to say I don't have any swatches because the lighting just didn't pick up a very true colour but like I said before the stick colour is true to life.


Firstly the red, this is 10 Rouge Buzz. I bought this back in July and was my staple summer red, I love the orangy red tone. It's very bright, not too daring and easy to wear, I think a lot of skin tones what suit this shade. The slight shine it has doesn't make it too intense like some matte shades can and when it starts to wear off (after I would say a good 5 hours) it fades quite evenly and still carries a slight tinge. Although it's winter this is a must have for summer but I might try wearing it with an all black outfit.


My second colour is this dusty pink which is 17 Rose Millésime (which was featured in my November Favourites). I love this shade, it's such a wearable day and night colour. It's like a your lips but better but a bright version. I like that it can make a smokey eye pop or an everyday look brighten. Since I bought this shade it has never left my handbag. I will say that I'm not sure if it's for everybody because of the tone of pink, but if it's for you it's a big winner. For me I don't feel like I suit peachy pinks so this is a nice alternative.

I got mine from Boots and Superdrug where most Bourjois stands tend to have most of the shades. The rouge editions also have a shine series which contain a quarter gloss within the formula but I've never used any as I reach for the Bourjois Colour Boost range instead. Anyways you can get hold of these for £7.99 which is pretty good for what I would say is a high quality drugstore lipstick with good results.

That's it for my review on these Bourjois lipsticks, I hope you've enjoyed reading and it's come of some help to you. Have any of you used the Rouge Edition lipsticks, what were your thoughts?


Also I've been posting everyday over on my Instagram of what I've been getting in my Boots beauty advent calendar, I'll also be posting at the end of the week a round up of what I got so follow me on Bloglovin too!

1 comment :

  1. These look super cool, love the pink one!

    Alice | www.beautybyalicee.blogspot.co.uk | xxx

    ReplyDelete