Thursday 9 January 2014

Review Thursday: Soap&Glory Loved&Glossed Lips

Hey Guys, 

So now that it's the New Year and I've just about settled into my new job I'm really going to try and make sure every Thursday I put a review post up. 

So today's review is on the Soap&Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks. I got these in a 3 piece set from Boot's in the Christmas 3 for 2 deal. I love the little tin they come in with the traditional Soap&Glory style packaging. Although I got mine free because of the deal you can pick them up from Boots at £8 each here.


The gloss sticks themselves are in black packaging with pink writing, also containing a strip of colour above where you twist to get the colour up to show what colour they are. They seem to be made out of a like a tinny plastic, so not the cheap plastic some come in as they feel more sturdy.  

I love the formula of these their so creamy and buttery which simply glides on the lips giving an even sweep of colour, gloss and shine. They almost feel like the NIVA lip butter tins because the texture is just so creamy. They smell fairly sweet and almost coco buttery which is probably why their so moisturising.

The Pigmentation isn't the boldest, like other lip crayons I own, but the coloured gloss they leave make up for it, although the colour is build-able with heavy application. The main thing I really love about these is that they are what I call hand bag friendly. I find this mainly because my problem with my favourite lip colours, the Bourjois Colour Boost sticks, is that they melt quite easily and I found especially through summer being in my handbag wasn't good for them. Although these S&G ones are so thick and buttery they just don't seem to melt.


My three gloss sticks which came in the tin are colours "Plum Jam", "Fuchsia-Ristic" and "Nudist". Another thing I really like is the fact that they don't contain the traditional tingle sensation most S&G lip products have. I like it sometimes but with an everyday colour it's not for me. What these do instead is give incredible gloss from the buttery formula.  



All in all I love these, there great to have chucked in your handbag for on the go use, as you don't need a mirror to apply them. I love that with this collection tin I got 3 shades which are completely different; a red, pink and nude. They are now very happily in my new Ted Baker make-up bag (which you can read about here), that come with me every where I go.


Have you guys tried these, or know any similar products? I would love to know :)

So that's it, I know it's not the most detailed review but the bottom line is I love them!

3 comments :

  1. These are lovely shades, I have one of the crayons but in a very light colour so it shows up as nothing :(

    Beauty by Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nude is really light too but because it's so glossy it acts nice as a neutral coloured gloss. xx

      Delete
  2. soap and glory is so expensive in Australian stores. We've heard so many great things about the motherpuckers, but haven't been able to bring ourselves to buy any of them yet. the swatches look amazing!!

    www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete