Thursday 7 November 2013

Review Thursday: Maybelline Super Stay 24hr Foundation

Hey Guys,

It's Thursday again and product review time! This weeks product is a foundation from Maybelline. I am a found user of Maybelline foundations and in the past I've always used the 'dream satin liquid' foundation. Until recently I started to noticed it really wasn't performing like it used to. Whilst in Superdrug one Saturday I came across the 'super stay 24hr' by Maybelline and thought I'd give it a go because the Mayblline colour match has always been good for me. I bought this one in shade 021 Nude.


I'll start by telling you what the foundation claims to do. It describes as a 'Micro-Flex Formula flawless wear foundation non-transfer day & night' it contains SPF 19, suitable for all skin types and the obvious it's 24hr lasting power. It comes in a glass bottle, plastic lid and white plastic pump. So far all sounds good to me.

I don't want to start with a negative but it's the only one for me so it's only uphill for here! So the negative is the smell. The only way I can describe is if you were a 90's kid and can remember those gummy, plastic aliens that you put in the fridge to reproduce..yeah..it smells a bit like that. It's not crazy over powering and doesn't put me off because the smell doesn't transfer onto the face.


The formula is quite thick, liquidly and dries very quick, so working quickly is a must. I tend to apply it with my fingers for everyday use so blending it round my face works fine for me. Although when I'm going out clubbing or for dinner and want a more flawless finish I use the Real Techniques buffing brush. These work really nicely together but because the product does dry quickly you almost have to do your face in two halves. This method uses a lot more product than when you use fingers but it does give a great flawless finish so the pros and cons weigh out I guess on this aspect.

I have quite dry skin especially on the sides of my nose and chin but between my brows and around my nose can sometimes be greasy. On the face I feel the foundation sinks into my skin and just stays puts but gives a brilliant coverage and smooths out my skin. It gives quite a matte finish but not at all cakey and although I said the formulas thick it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I also find comparing to the satin liquid foundation when building up with powders, blushes etc it doesn't effect the foundation. As sometimes I found with the liquid one it left my bronzer more orange and cakey.


All round I really enjoy this foundation and find it such an easy safe product to use, the kind when you look in the mirror 9hr's into the day and you know your foundation is still giving a good coverage. So thumbs up Maybelline! At £8.99 I would say it's a pretty good drugstore foundation, if you want to check the colour range you can do here

Has anyone else tried this foundation, or can suggest any other good similar price range foundations?

No comments :

Post a Comment